Modern classics. Modern. Classics. Doesn’t quite ring true, does it? And yet, there is some big business to be had in these middle-aged motors. They may be younger than every E-Type, and fresher of face than a Ferrari 250, but they’ve still got some high-octane, gear-shifting stories to tell.
So, if your classic car collection is starting to show its age — rusting up, slowing down and just generally getting on in gears — then perhaps it’s time to introduce some new blood (or should that be oil?) into your garage. And we’ve got just the wheels.
The Peugeot 205 GTi is a hot hatch high point
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- 2 Magazine & 2 Premium Newsprint delivered to your door
- Direct offers and benefits with luxury hotels, clubs, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invitations to a minimum of 4 member-only events each year
- Paywalled content — access to exclusive online features only for members
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- Your own Clubhouse membership card to redeem all the perks