“It might seem unbelievable, but yeah, I raise the dead,” Jeff Goldblum explains. “I’m one of the elders of the universe who came into existence after the Big Bang, so I’m immortal. I have super powers like I can kill you just by thinking about it and then resurrect you. I can do everything. I can fly, I can levitate, I can do anything that anybody else can do, and more. Although I’ve been around for like billions of years, like vampires, my current pleasure is games.
“I like to play,” he adds with that big, unmistakable grin, tailing off with a long and wistful repetition of the key word: “play”.
As Goldblum reels off his list of god-like endowments, it’s worth noting he does not genuinely believe he’s omnipotent – even though he is sometimes called ‘The Hollywood Buddha’. Instead he is just playing the part of his character The Grandmaster, a mischievous and entertaining antagonist set to wreak havoc in Marvel’s upcoming Thor: Ragnarok.
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- Discounts and experiences with luxury hotels, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invites to private Clubhouse events
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- 15% off selected brands in-store at 68/69 Burlington Arcade
- 4 magazines & 4 premium newsprints delivered to your door
- Your own Clubhouse membership card
Clubhouse MembershipBuy Now
Interview ― 2 months ago
Brunello Cucinelli shares his life philosophy
Food & Drink ― 7 months ago
Get to know the remarkable history of Piri Piri
Art ― 9 months ago