“It might seem unbelievable, but yeah, I raise the dead,” Jeff Goldblum explains. “I’m one of the elders of the universe who came into existence after the Big Bang, so I’m immortal. I have super powers like I can kill you just by thinking about it and then resurrect you. I can do everything. I can fly, I can levitate, I can do anything that anybody else can do, and more. Although I’ve been around for like billions of years, like vampires, my current pleasure is games.
“I like to play,” he adds with that big, unmistakable grin, tailing off with a long and wistful repetition of the key word: “play”.
As Goldblum reels off his list of god-like endowments, it’s worth noting he does not genuinely believe he’s omnipotent – even though he is sometimes called ‘The Hollywood Buddha’. Instead he is just playing the part of his character The Grandmaster, a mischievous and entertaining antagonist set to wreak havoc in Marvel’s upcoming Thor: Ragnarok.
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- Benefits and experiences with luxury hotels, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invites to private Clubhouse events
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- 4 magazines & 4 premium newsprints delivered to your door
- Entry to exclusive competitions
- Access to tailor-made online content
- Your own Clubhouse membership card