There’s no business like whisky. As we learned from Knight Frank’s invaluable Wealth Report, there are few things better to slip a little pocket money into than the amber spirit. After all, even if your speculation comes to naught, at least you’ll have something lovely to sip on, indulge in, and share out beside the fireplace.
Thanks to its spike in value, whisky has attracted some seriously influential admirers of late. Alibaba founder Jack Ma’s private jet has recently been spotted at Aberdeen airport, and even Jeff Bezos is said to be an avid collector. Sales of Scotch to India, China and Singapore also rose by 44% in the year before Covid struck.
However, if you’re tempted to invest your money into a pot of this liquid gold, it is of paramount importance that you do so wisely, and heed the advice of those in the know. With this in mind, we called upon Simon Aron, the owner of Cask Trade — the first real and trustworthy marketplace for trading single malt whisky casks — to give us three good reasons for investing in casks.
You can savour the pleasure…
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- 2 Magazines delivered to your door
- Direct offers and benefits with luxury hotels, clubs, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invitations to a minimum of 4 member-only events each year
- Paywalled content — access to exclusive online features only for members
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- Your own Clubhouse membership card to redeem all the perks