The superyachts, the supercars and the super stylish residents – it’s hard to visit the perfectly poised principality of Monaco and not feel at least a little pang of aspiration. And this longing is never more palpable than during the annual Monaco Yacht Show, when the harbour of Port Hercules is filled with more than 100 superyachts and all the kit to go with them.
Not just about boats, the Monaco Yacht Show also showcases all the accoutrements that accompanies the affluent yachting lifestyle. Expect to find tents on shore dedicated to watches, cars, jets and luxury interiors.
If you’re thinking about dipping a toe in the rarified world of superyachting – or have already jumped right in – then there is no better place to be 25-28 September. Set under the watchful eye of the of the Norman Foster-designed Yacht Club de Monaco, which overlooks the port, this is the largest yacht show in Europe.
A third of all the yachts on display will be making their world debut at the show, allowing the public – or at least those with the right credentials – the first opportunity to step on board the biggest and best yacht launches of the year. Here are just a few of the yachts that you should not miss seeing in the flesh.
Lady S has sharp, jewel-box interiors
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- Magazine & Premium Newsprint delivered to your door
- Direct offers and benefits with luxury hotels, clubs, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invitations to a minimum of 4 member-only events each year
- Paywalled content — access to exclusive online features only for members
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- Your own Clubhouse membership card to redeem all the perks