For the oenophile, it’s a given that wines are a delicate nectar, and, as such, need to be handled in the right way. However, for those who tend to purchase the cheap stuff, or simply aren’t accustomed to terminology such as ‘tannins’ or ‘varietal’, navigating the dos and don’ts of wine myths can prove tricky.
Which is why we’ve called upon the help of award-wining wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd to tell us the biggest wine crimes you can commit. From putting a spoon in Champagne to pairing your vintages with cheese, these are the mistakes to avoid in order to maximise your Merlot.
Myth: Red wine should be served at room temperature
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- Magazine & Premium Newsprint delivered to your door
- Direct offers and benefits with luxury hotels, clubs, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invitations to a minimum of 4 member-only events each year
- Paywalled content — access to exclusive online features only for members
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- Your own Clubhouse membership card to redeem all the perks