On our list of quintessentially English things, a grand country house comes pretty close to the top. Sweeping landscaped gardens also make the cut, as do meandering provincial rivers, thickets of old oak trees and, of course, Sir Michael Caine. How fortuitous, then, that this Grade II-listed 17th Century home has gone up for sale — rolling all of our uniquely English ideals into one six-bedroom, four-bathroom package.
The iconic British actor’s former home is being marketed by Knight Frank, and features amenities fit for a film star. The whole property is centred around an impressive Long Room, with vaulted ceilings and statement decoration. There’s also a large reception hall, library, study, a cinema room (naturally…) and breakfast room.
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- 2 Magazine & 2 Premium Newsprint delivered to your door
- Direct offers and benefits with luxury hotels, clubs, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invitations to a minimum of 4 member-only events each year
- Paywalled content — access to exclusive online features only for members
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- Your own Clubhouse membership card to redeem all the perks