The first thing to know about David Gandy is that he really cares about your pyjamas. Really cares.
You don’t get to become the world’s finest maker of eponymous undergarments and loungewear (you heard me, Calvin Klein) without putting in a little bit of legwork, after all. In the small hours of the morning, by the flickering light of his computer screen, David is trawling the feedback forms and comment sections of the David Gandy pyjama range, battling with sizing conundrums, ordering cashmere trousers under a pseudonym, putting his own work to the most exacting of tests.
“First and foremost, I’m a customer of every brand I work with.” he says. “You wouldn’t believe how involved I get.”
To unlock this article, please subscribe. Benefits include:
- Discounts and experiences with luxury hotels, restaurants and handpicked brands
- Invites to private Clubhouse events
- 15% off selected brands online with Gentleman's Journal
- 15% off selected brands in-store at 68/69 Burlington Arcade
- 4 magazines & 4 premium newsprints delivered to your door
- Your own Clubhouse membership card