One of the most controversial figures in the media, the former News of the World editor has said numerous things he shouldn’t have. For a man who once noted ‘the most powerful tool I’ve learned is silence,’ he hasn’t done all that well at keeping his mouth shut.
1. “You’re an unbelievably stupid man, aren’t you?”
Mr Morgan struggled to contain his outbursts in a televised interview with gun advocate Larry Pratt.
2. “I think there’s often a time when there should be a nanny state. Yes, people need nannying.”
In comments made on his Monday night show on CNN, Morgan praised New York City mayor, Mr Bloomberg, for his social policy.
3. “I’ve never met any Latinos who can’t dance.”
A politically incorrect faux-pas from the host, who was speaking to Texan politicians, Jaoquin and Julian Castro.
4. “I’m guilt-ridden about introducing her to Paul McCartney. It was a moment of Cupid madness which cost Sir Paul $50 million, so the least I can do is ban her from the show.”
Mr Morgan commenting on banning Heather Mills from his show, Piers Morgan Tonight.
5. “As for all the enraged transgender supporters, look at how STUPID you’re being. I’m on your side, you dimwits.”
Mr Morgan tweeted in response to several individuals who berated him for his abysmal interview with high profile trans activist, Janet Mock.