Sterling fellow though Moses was, we feel that his commandments are somehow archaic these days; ‘Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image’ and all that. We’ve decided to modernise things and come up with 10 commandments for the modern gent…
1. THOU SHALT NOT DATE A FRIEND’S EX
This one’s pretty self-explanatory, you shouldn’t do the dirty on a friend like that…
2. THOU SHALT NOT BE INVOLVED IN INSIDER TRADING
It’s very impressive that you’ve got friends in the city – but please, it’s so unfair!
3. THOU SHALT CALL YOUR THY MOTHER AT LEAST ONCE A FORTNIGHT
Every true gentleman should speak to their mother on a regular basis – even if she is annoying!
4. THOU SHALT NOT GET THINE EARS PIERCED
Again, pretty self explanatory – no gent should ever do it.
5. THOU SHALT ALWAYS OFFER TO PAY
It doesn’t matter if you’re having dinner with a date, or a drink with your friend – you should always offer to pay your dues.
6. HONOUR THE GREATEST GENTLEMAN: PRINCE PHILIP
The Duke of Edinburgh is always dressed to kill and he’s married to the queen – if he’s not a true gentleman who is?!
7. THOU SHALT ALWAYS CALL OR TEXT A GIRL THE DAY AFTER…
A gentleman should show respect towards any lady who has entertained his ‘affections’.
8. FORGET NOT THY FRIEND’S, MOTHER’S, GIRLFRIEND’S BIRTHDAY
A real gentleman is a kind, considerate man who remembers dates that are important to others.
9. THOU SHALT NOT USE YOUR SMARTPHONE DURING DINNER
Literally the worst faux pas of the 21st century, so unacceptable it’s a joke!
10. TRY NOT TO IMPRESS TOO HARD
A gentleman shows reserve – he’s not bouncing about trying to be the centre of attention. A gentleman is confident enough to act on his desires, and no-one else’s.